Monday, September 20, 2010

Senior Cords



Hanging on the podium are a pair of senior cords. I have attempted to explain to Julie and others what these pants were like, but could never quite pull it off (the description, I mean, not the pants).

They were yellow corduroy slacks that we paid somebody to paint with school spirit and barely bawdy graffiti. Only seniors could wear cords. We wore them on Fridays when we would have pep rallies and we would wear them to the games (football and basketball). These were Pete Briganti's cords on which Warsaw Tigers went down each leg and the Horn of Plenty with cherries and a banana were strategically placed. I had a pair but I can't remember what was drawn on them. Nothing as suggestive as Pete's pants, I can assure you; not in my house.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Jill said...

Oh my! They did stuff like that back then? ;o

Cheryl said...

Those are crazy pants....look more like flags at a fair!

Anonymous said...

I never remember seeing yellow corduory pants and washing any.
Perhaps you hid them from me.

Good seeing David and Paul.

Your Mom

jack69 said...

Love the view from that rocker.
Just surfing.
NIce blog...
Jack & Sherry

The Oracle said...

By the time I got to be a senior at Delphi (Ind.) High School (Class of '63) decorations on senior cords were banned. So we just wore plain yellow corduroy pants.
Juniors wore black, sophomores wore red and freshmen wore, of course, green.
Thanks for the flashback.

Accessory Designer said...

this post is really nice , you share this that why we learn like this . I am an ordinary Accessory Designer and I am thankful to you for this kind of informative post.
thanks for sharing
fa