Monday, September 20, 2010

45th Class Reunion

I made the solo trip north to Warsaw, Indiana where I graduated from high school in 1965. Our class was having it's 45th reunion. It was a lot of fun and a great time getting reacquainted with some terrific people.















Here I am with (left to right) Dave Martin, Paul Benson, me, Janet Beck Brennan, and Brent Sandy. We were all from Winona Lake.

Dave, Paul and I sang in our high school barber shop quartet for several years. Paul remembered our singing some home-made political jingle for a guy running for Mayor. Dave brought a copy of our Yearbook, which got a lot of attention because, like mine, most people had lost theirs.

I don't know why so many more people turned out to this reunion than the last one on our 40th anniversary. I thought it was Facebook keeping folks in touch. But Paul was probably right when he said, "More of us are retired and have control of our time."







1 comment:

-blessed holy socks, the non-perishable-zealot said...

God blessa youse -Fr. Sarducci, ol SNL -A.E. typical